Thursday, September 27, 2012

Welcome!

Hi everyone! This is my first post, so I will tell you a little bit about myself and why I am starting this blog. My name is Julia, and I am in my twenties. For years I have wanted to start a blog, but was not sure that I had anything of interest to say. Recently, I started my own photography business and wanted to start a blog for it when I realized I have no actual blogging experience. I regularly read many but have never posted on my own. So here I am, jumping headfirst into the world of blogging!

I currently have an average corporate 8 to 5 day job during the week. On the evenings and weekends I am currently working to expand my photography business, This Infinite Moment Photography. I am still working on an actual website and blog, so for now you can look at my work and get in contact with me on my Facebook page. I specialize in portrait photography but am open for trying anything new, from special events to weddings to even pet photography. I am located in South Central Pennsylvania, but am willing to travel for the right client. I love photography and I cannot think of a better job than making people happy by capturing memories.

I have a degree in Communication and a degree in Photography. In the future, hopefully not too distant, I would like to return to finish a higher degree in Communications. One of the biggest markets in this field right now is social media, so I think it is vital for me to at least experiment with every different source available.

One of my favorite social networks is Pinterest. It consumes my time like nowhere else, but it is an amazing reference. I have boards concerning everything from recipes and fashion to photography and fitness tips. I don not just post and forget. I am constantly going back through my past pins to find that perfect recipe or workout plan or hairstyle that I want to try. Pinterest has helped me to organize all my different postings and wishlists that I previously had elsewhere.

I am constantly searching Pinterest for new ideas. Some of the hobbies I currently have are cooking and baking, crafting and creating DIY projects, decorating my home, gardening (usually unsuccessfully), working out and eating healthy, organizing, and thrifting (especially fashion). A few years ago I had dark purple walls (shudder) and an unkempt bed, I never put away anything, especially  not clothing, and I could care less. My home now is spotless, or as close as I can get; living with a guy in his twenties makes this difficult at time, especially when his friends come over. I love finding new ideas to organize all of our "stuff" and making our living space more visually appealing and functional. I also enjoy creating amazing outfits from thrift store and yard sale finds, and often refashion many of my purchases. I am always open to learning new things about everything, and I strive to use online resources to achieve this.

I will try to update often on our various experiences and experimentation! Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

Welcome to blogging! I am fairly new to this as well! But I would love if you could guest post on my blog within the next month. Contact me if you're interested @ lisanmcdermott@gmail.com

xox www.showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com

-Lisa

Post a Comment